Your Medicare drug plan with Indy Health Insurance Company ended on March 23, 2021
Indy Health stopped offering your Medicare Part D drug plan March 23, 2021. This means your drug coverage through Indy Health ended on March 23.
Because your Indy Health plan ended, you’ve been temporarily enrolled in Medicare’s Part D LI-NET program administered by Humana (LI-NET). Your coverage has a retroactive effective date of March 1, 2021 to make sure your Medicare drug coverage continues without interruption.
Here’s what to do next:
- Watch for more information about your temporary drug coverage from LI-NET, including benefits and costs. You can also call LI-NET at 1-800-783-1307.
- You can choose and join a new Medicare drug plan any time between now and July 31, 2021. Your new coverage can start as early as April 1, 2021. Call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or visit Medicare.gov to choose a new plan. TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048.
- If you paid out-of-pocket for medications from March 1 to March 24, please have your pharmacy rebill the prescription to LI-NET.
- If your pharmacy is unable to rebill the prescription to LI-NET, you can ask for reimbursement through LI-NET. Patients should complete, print and mail the Direct Member Reimbursement (DMR) Form located at humana.com/LINET . Patients can find this form at the bottom of the page under “Resources for beneficiaries.”
- Unless you join a new Medicare Drug Plan right away, you will get another letter in the next few weeks letting you know your options for Medicare Part D drug coverage going forward.
Get help & more information
For help understanding this notice, call your local State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) for free, personalized health insurance counseling:
- Arkansas: 1-800-224-6330
- Georgia: 1-866-552-4464 (option 4)
- Illinois: 1-800-252-8966 (TTY: 1-888-206-1327)
- Pennsylvania: 1-800-783-7067
- West Virginia: 1-877-987-4463
Or, call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) for help. TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048.